Friday, July 2, 2010

JULY IS HAPPENING.

In case you didn't notice (I didn't notice) July is happening. Like, right now! I thought we had a whole extra day in June, but no, we don't. I seriously had to go and check my handy phrase to figure that out because I was convinced everyone was wrong. But, after saying "30 days has September, April, June and November" I realized that yes, indeedy, July is upon us.

That is how my brain works.

Look at a calendar to figure it out? No.

Recite a Rhymey Rhyme for the answer? Yes.

Rhymey Rhymes are handy fact checkers.

I have been taking full advantage of the week long guest past at my Mom's gym and hitting up the pool every morning after my work outs. I would say that my skin has darkened about 2.5 shades which brings us just up from my previous tone of "White Lightening" to "Eggshell." I am hoping to be at "Washed Khaki" or "Sandy Dune" by next week.

One can dream.

Everyone is gearing up for the 4th of July while I am gearing up for a full weekend of rehearsals. I am a little bit sad that I am going to miss most of the festivities of the 4th, but I am hoping to squeeze in a little celebrating. I think we are breaking slightly early and there will still be time for some fun because I really love the 4th of July. I mainly love it because I love sparklers, desserts, fruits that are red and blue, whipped cream (someone always makes something with whipped cream on the 4th) and any excuse for a holiday beverage.

Perhaps I will just bring all of the above to rehearsal on Saturday and throw a party while also trying to act and say my lines. Yes. I will do that. I will drink a bubbly bev, light sparklers, eat desserts, and run all over the stage at the same time. My director will love it.

Enough outta me. I'm off to sleep.


XO.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I continue to love your blog. Finally got the Internet reconnected so I am playing catch-up. You sound great. Keep enjoying and a big hi to your mom.
Yo Mama