Thursday, December 2, 2010

WINTER WORKOUTS.

Yesterday the weather here in NYC blew. It was rainy, windy, and I had a major case of "don't wanna leave my apartment" in the morning. I did not make it to the gym. Go figure.

Which brings me to today's topic: Exercise facilities during the frigid months of the year. Today I finally realized that winter had arrived when I got to the gym and it was so hot in there that I wanted to barf. I know that many buildings suffer from this disorder during the winter, but a gym is the worst possible place to have heat issues.

1. You're working out and already generating enough heat as it is.

2. Extra heat makes the already "Sweatiest Man Alive on the Treadmill Next to You" sweat even MORE (which I previously did not think humanly possible).

3. When you get out of the shower post workout and get dressed, you start sweating all over again because the heat is, literally, on. There is no "cool down" after your work out. The only thing going "down" is the sweat travelling from my back towards my ass and there is nothing "cool" about it.

4. When you walk out the door after said experience, you are greeted with a blast of whapass chill that feels a million times worse than it really is because you've been stuck in a glass box of tropical torture.

So, I beg of you gym, turn the heat DOWN. Save some energy, save some lives, keep me hydrated, and for the love of Liza, do it for the Sweaty Guy. I don't think he will survive much longer.


No comments: