Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A TREAT FOR YOUR EARS TO HELP YOU THROUGH THE MUCK.

I've decided to post something nice since the last two posts have been about doom and gloom and shit and snow.

I was treated to a live performance of this on Sunday by the extraordinarily talented Leah Coloff. I can tell you, the video doesn't do it justice compared to seeing/hearing her do this in person. Leah's voice and cello filled the giant room with so much haunting emotion and beauty that by the time she finished I had tears streaming down my face. We all sat there in silence for a few moments afterwards with the chords still vibrating in the air before the applause erupted. I have always had a serious, intense love for the cello and her spectacular interpretation of this classic song just blew me away. It's a perfect fit for something stunning amongst all this junk.

Enjoy.

Ok. I just watched it like 5 more times and I have goosebumps.