Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DA DIP.

I have been trying to run outside because I know the warm evenings are going to be chilly before I know it. My route takes me by a big swimming pool that I thought belonged to the YMCA, but today I decided I'd double check just to make sure I wasn't passing up an opportunity for a free dip.

GOOD THING I DID BECAUSE IT IS A FREE COMMUNITY POOL!


I immediately emailed the Roomie who was writing from home and asked her if she wanted to go as soon as I got home from work. She initially sent an enthusiastic, "Yes! As soon as I finish this editorial!"

I was filled with joy.

Then, I received an email saying something along the lines of, "I just found out I have another assignment, blarh blarh blaha blahaaa."

This is when I had to be a good friend. A good friend has to point out bad decision making, even if it is hard. A good friend has to throw down when it really counts.

So, I busted out my tough love and responded:

"UNACCEPTABLE. RESPONSE DENIED. PLEASE REVISE."

She saw the light and soon we had our suits on, towels in hand, and were off to the pool. It was glorious, it was free, it was a giant expanse of clean water filled with adorable kids and fun families and chilly goodness. Bless you, City of New York, for this gift.

I cannot wait to go back and I am so sad that the pool is closing after Labor Day. I may just have to do da dip every day until Monday...

No comments: