Thursday, November 12, 2009

2 HUGE THINGS.

1. This is happening:


I have officially lost my mind and if I do not get a ticket to this show, I will stand outside the stage door until they let me in. I can't even begin to tell you how much these two have influenced my life. I used to listen to Carole's Live at Carnegie Hall album on repeat and play the medley track of her singing with James Taylor over, and over, and over, and over.

I've already seen James live with my Mom, one of the best concerts ever, but I've never seen Carole. Before the show started, I leaned over to my Mom and said, "Wouldn't it be so great if Carole King came out right now?"

2010 can't come soon enough.

2. I just saw Circle Mirror Transformation by Annie Baker at Playwrights Horizons.
It is the best play I've seen since the Norman Conquests and I fell head over heels in love with this playwright. She is 28, people!!! 28!!!! You are making a very bad choice if you do not buy a ticket to this play before it closes. They're already on their second extension, it closes on November 21st, and there are discounted tickets available. The writing is fantastic, the actors are the definition of ensemble, it is moving, riotous, quirky, and simple.

Go, go, go.




1 comment:

janis said...

They are both on the children's album HARMONY which Ben and Sarah listened to a lot. I just gave Rafi a copy. I think I enjoy it the most.