Thursday, October 16, 2008

SWEET MOTHER OF MOTHERS.

I have just found my new favorite restaurant in Manhattan. Behold the wonder that is


RED BAMBOO.

Located at 140 West 4th Street @ 6th Ave, this place is a vegetarian and vegan paradise. They serve only vegetarian and vegan food, but I went with GLiamo, who is a meat eater, and he couldn't believe how phenomenal it was. I was literally salivating looking at the menu. And their soy meat tastes like meat! GLiamo said it was even more moist and delicious than real meat! And he was right!!!

I am over the moon!

They have an extensive menu - about 4 full pages of dishes. I almost couldn't decide, but alas, I chose this bangin' soy beef with steamed veggies & rice. We had coconut almond soy chicken for an appetizer...also bangalicious.

And, they have friggin' stellar desserts. We had the soy mint chip milk shake and even though I just got home and am totally stuffed, I want another one. Pronto.

We did have to wait about 10-15 minutes for a table, so I recommend going early. Not sure if they take reservations or not, but this place is more than worth the wait. Our waitress was really nice, the service was prompt, and the food is very reasonably priced.

Get down with your veggie self and hit up the 'boo!




1 comment:

Joe said...

is it just me, or is that the trashiest american flag pin you have ever seen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE2yC11Wqik&feature=user