Tuesday, November 18, 2008

IN MY HAND.

Today I held something that I have been coveting my entire life. Something that I will one day own and walk around showing to everyone.

Today I held...


A Tony Award.

It was magic and felt so natural in my hand (obviously). Someday I will have it on my living room mantel, just like the owner of the one from today. I even gave a short acceptance speech.

My real speech when I win will surely move everyone to tears and I will be weeping buckets, but also be really articulate and not just thank everyone in my life ever but also manage to make a really poignant, grateful statement about how lucky I am to be involved in the arts, how art heals the world, has no cultural boundaries or something, and people will be so blown away. And I will thank all my blog readers.

I'm counting down the days.

No comments: