Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEKAYYYYEEEEYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Could Biden's mama be any more freaking adorable? No! No, she couldn't!
LOVE HER.

Woke up this morning to a whole new world and it feels great. Last night my cab driver, who was originally born in Africa (he did not specify which country) but has been a citizen and eligible to vote for 10 years, told me that this was the FIRST election he ever voted in. The FIRST. In TEN YEARS. He told me that was because this was the, "first election where I ever cared and felt like I mattered."

I must say that McCain's concession speech was so beautiful. I truly was moved by his words and how (dare I say?) classy he was. His audience, however, did not manage to get on the classy bandwagon. They fell short by 2 letters.

They were ASSY.

Because they BOOED. Seriously, people? Seriously? McCain is up there talking about how we have to focus on unity and bringing everyone together, how it is time for unification, and you're going to boo every time he mentions the president elect's name? Seriously people? Get it together! This was not the election for Student Body President at Bayside High. This was not Zack Morris challenging Jessie Spano for Prez because he wants to be able to miss school to go on the trip to DC. This was not the appropriate time to boo.

It was totally immature, it tainted McCain's wonderful speech, and it was disrespectful to both McCain and Obama. Those people should be ashamed of themselves.

I would just like to point out, however, that Obama's supporters applauded for McCain multiple times when he was mentioned in the acceptance speech.

Ok...enough. I am totally over the moon and feel a weight has been lifted off of the shoulders of the world. It is not looking good at all in California right now, which is completely devastating, but I am going to try and hold on to some hope until they have counted every single vote.

No comments: