Thursday, January 7, 2010

BON IVER.

I have loved Bon Iver (the brainchild of Justin Vernon) for a long time and his album is basically the anthem to my winters, nights when I can't fall asleep, for the times when I just want to hear something beautiful, and for any time at all.

The album "For Emma Forever Ago" socked me right in the emotional babymaker (in a really good way).

Justin spent three months in a cabin in the middle of nowhere in Northern Wisconsin, wrote all the songs, and recorded them following a break up with his girlfriend and his band and having mono. Oooof. But, let me tell ya, some gorgeous music came out of it all.

They played a live show in Wisconsin for what may very well be the last time. You can listen to the entire show here and you would be a silly monkey if you choose not to.

It is winter. Pull up the covers, hunker down and treat your ears.

No comments: