Sunday, February 28, 2010

IN THE THICK OF IT.

This weekend was filled with lots of good things and lots of good sleeps, but this week promises to be filled with very long days and not so much sleepage. I think I'm ready and I'm going to try and keep my head up even though it feels a little heavy and full right now...

I got my "spiritual kick in the ass" today as I attended a sort of church-for-artists service that is run by an amazing fellow who cracked me up and also made me teary. It felt good to be in the presence of others who are on a road similar to mine or who have already been down it and are there to show that it isn't as scary as it (sometimes) seems.

I think I find this time of year particularly challenging because I'm always somewhat exhausted by the winter and anxious about all of the things that are brewing underground, waiting to come out. Deep down I always feel like I am ready to bust out of the gates, but I also feel a bit nervous about starting things after being literally and figuratively cooped up for so long. It is almost like I've had a few cocktails and am trying to run the mile. Kind of exciting and hilarious, but also kind of impossible.

It's a trip to Wonky Town.

I am trying to remember the tulips from last year. I know they are going to be coming up soon.


No comments: