Monday, June 30, 2008

BACK IN THE SADDLE.

Well folks, sorry for being a bad blogger. I returned Sunday night from one of the best weeks of my life. I spent 9 days at Camp Okizu which is a summer camp for kids and families touched by cancer; I was a counselor for 9 days at the Sibs (siblings) camp where I had a cabin of hilarious 11 & 12 year old girls. It was perhaps one of the most inspiring groups of people I have ever encountered in one single place. They even had a camp dance! They played Backstreet Boys AND Billy Joel! It goes without saying that we had TONS of fun.




Camp Okizu is always in need of volunteers, mainly folks to act as counselors for the kids. They run camps throughout the entire summer for siblings, for patients, and for their families. And I had such a great time that I think I am going back to volunteer again for family camp over Labor Day weekend. If you are looking to do some volunteer work and love kids, being outdoors, swimming, boating, arts & crafts, s'mores, capture the flag, sleeping outside under the stars, singing songs around a campfire, and being around truly wonderful people that make you feel happy to be alive in the world, then go to their website and fill out an application. It doesn't take long and the reward will be one of the best weeks EVA. Who doesn't like being surrounded by goodness? If you can't volunteer, they are always in need of donations. It is completely free to the families and the kids to go to Okizu. Even a single dollar goes a long way...Give, my homies, give!!

No comments: