Monday, December 15, 2008

MAKE IT SNAPPY.

This weekend was full of activity because I moved into my new apartment (yey!!) but it was a little exhausting. And, I have already had a run-in with our resident Crazy. He is loony and lives next door. Awesome.

I had a delicious brunch at a fabulous vegetarian restaurant around the corner with my friend, Kimtastic, and then it was off to a holiday party in Brooklyn. I then came home and made ginger snaps to give as presents to a few peeps before I head back, back to Cali Cali on Tuesday.

They turned out pretty well!

But let us just say that cooking in a weenie east village apartment kitchen is a CHALLENGE. I almost hit my head about 40 times, I had to balance cookie sheets on various semi-flat surfaces, and I had to cream butter and sugar together with my bare hands because I don't have a Cuisinart.

But it was worth it.

Tomorrow promises to be a busy day because I have to get lots done before hopping on my flight home Tuesday afternoon. I am SUPER excited to go home and see my family and friends for the holidays. But for now, I must sleep.

No comments: