Friday, June 5, 2009

EEEW AND MORE QUESTIONS.

It is still raining. Yuckers. At least I am inside, have an umbrella, my wellies, and a date with Wrenners.

On this day of rain and muck, let us travel back in time


and answer a few more of those questions from the days of yore.

Don't you just love the phrase "days of yore?" I sure do.

So, back in the days of yore, Sarah South was wondering what some of the best deals are in NYC. A very good question indeed and one that has a bajillion answers.

In terms of food, I have found a ridiculously cheap and delicious organic pita place.

It's PITA JOE!


They have great falafel sandwiches with all sorts of delicious things to add on, and they always put extra falafels in my sandwich. They are super fast, really nice, and if you have a student ID you get a 15% discount. If you have a crunch or NYSC gym membership you get 10% off. So you basically get a giant, yummy sandwich for about 4$. They're located right near Union Square, too.

In terms of clothes, you simply cannot beat the vintage/thrift stores in my hood. The Buffalo Exchange on East 11th Street (btwn 1st and 2nd) always has some amazing gems in it. I can't tell you how many great finds I've picked up from that place...There is also another great thrift store on East 7th Street between 1st and A. I don't know the name, but it is right next to the Bourgeois Pig and they also have some good things. You have to sift through things a bit more, but you can always find something. The dress I wore in my band's first show was something I found there for $12!!

If you want designer clothes for cheap, nothing beats Tokio 7 at 64 East 7th Street near 1st


(a short walk from the thrift stores listed above).

It is a great consignment shop that has everything from Chanel to Issey Miyake. In fact, as I sit here typing this out I am wearing a feather-weight charcoal wool/silk Prada sweater I bought there for $45. Seriously.

Those are a few tips to get you into the weekend.

Rock on!

No comments: