Wednesday, June 10, 2009

LIVING THE DREAM.

Ok. So, the Tony awards were absolutely smashing. I don't really know what else to say, except that we had the time of our lives.

The sister looked stunning in her dress, we had a drink at the bar before the show, Neil Patrick Harris couldn't have been cuter (he did little magic tricks during the commercial breaks and told some great jokes), we took one pee break before the show started and made it through the rest of the night just fine, I found a cab right outside and didn't have to wait forever...

And we were in the same room, for hours, with Liza Minnelli. I mean, I could really just die and feel okay with the fact that I saw her win what will most likely be her last Tony award.

She tried to make out with Elton John almost every chance she had. It was priceless.

I hope you all caught Bret Michaels getting owned by the set:






I bet my life that the tech people during the rehearsal told him, "do not hold for applause, immediately turn and walk upstage" just as his bandmates did. Any actors knows that if a techie tells you to move immediately, you MOVE IMMEDIATELY. Bret obviously has now learned his lesson.

It was a dream evening. I can't wait to go back. And, the show that Miz Millah has been working on developing for years had a little teaser shown during one of the commercial breaks, which was tres exciting. Hopefully we'll be back next year when Memphis is nominated!!



Coming to Broadway this fall!! Woooot!!

http://www.memphisthemusical.com/

No comments: