Sunday, September 27, 2009

HOW NOT TO DO THEIR WORK AT WORK AND DO YOUR OWN WORK AT WORK.

As some of you may know, I am temporarily filling in (um, I guess they call that temping?) at my friend's office through the end of October while she is off doing a play. Like many offices, they have blocked access to any kind of non-work email and basically anything in all the land that is any fun to read or do online.

Although, for some reason, the various "gentlemen" in my office find ways to look at scantily clad women on their computers and apparently THAT is not blocked. I can't access my blog, which is a source of serious information for thousands of people around the world, but they can look at boobies and booties?

Thatta makka no sensa.

Anyhoozle, I often finish my work for the day a few hours ahead of schedule, because that's how I roll, and then I'm left with a significant amount of time to kill. Normally, I would use these few hours to catch up on emails and get some of MY work done, but, I can't do that.

Well, guess what? I have figured out a sort of solution.

I can read my emails on my blackberry, so I open up a handy dandy word doc, type out all my responses to various folks, attach that word doc to a work email, and send it to myself when I'm done. Once I'm home, I just cut and paste my responses into real emails and BAM! Done!

A simple miracle, I know. You could call that a simpacle.


No comments: