Sunday, October 18, 2009

MOVIE REVIEWZ FOR YOUZ.

The past two weekends have been cold and chilly, so naturally I have had an unshakable desire to go to the movies almost every night.

Last weekend I saw "Whip It." This past Saturday night I saw "Where the Wild Things Are."

Brief "Whip It" review: They whipped it good.
I thought it was extremely endearing, some truly funny moments, packed with lots of girl gusto, cliches did appear, but in general I really liked it. Jimmy Fallon and Andrew Wilson definitely were two of the highlights of the film. Who doesn't like Jimmy Fallon? I dare you to step up because the guy is solid gold. And Andrew Wilson made me pee my pants.

Brief "Where the Wild Things Are" review: Mehhhh.
The first 20 minutes of the movie are fantastic. The last 10 minutes of the movie are fantastic. The rest? I could do without. I almost fell asleep a few times, I thought it was a little lame, and I didn't feel very emotionally connected to those little/big guys. The kid that played Max? Fierce.

Tomorrow night I will be sitting in the Shubert Theatre for the opening night performance of Memphis. I am so completely excited to go with my dear friend, Miz Millah, who has worked so hard on this production behind the scenes. It truly is an incredible show, so buy your tickets because this thing is going to explode!

No comments: