Monday, July 7, 2008

TUESDAY TUNES.

I'm sitting on my deck in a lounge chair drinking a glass of much needed red wine. The kids I taught today were borderline, erm, INSANE. I guess that is what you get when you mix kids and theatre.

Anyhoozle, I'm here to tell y'all about my man Jens Lekman:

Brotha hails from Sweden (apparently he lives in Australia now??), and I have pretty much decided that I like almost everyone and everything from Sweden. In high school I dated a guy from Sweden and he was (and still is) like, total radness.

I am partial to his most recent album, When Night Falls Over Kortedala. He has a great sound, sometimes uses samples as the foundation for his songs and always has a GREAT horn section. I am such a sucker for music with good horn sections. AND, he usually has rockin ladies playing in his band, which I think is turbo great. You can get his stuff on iTunes. Here are 2 clips of him performing live...they are a little wonky, but you get the idea:





Here is his website. Check him out and love him. Or not.

No comments: