Monday, July 14, 2008

TUESDAY TUNES.

The first time I heard James Hunter I thought I was listening to some old soul album from the 60's. I had no idea that it was a white British guy who isn't an old man now. His album "People Gonna Talk" is phenomenal and he just released another in June. I can't get enough of him. There is something about the timbre of his voice and his arrangements (which he does almost all of on his own...and he writes all of his songs). AND, he records all of his music in full; they don't mix different takes together in the studio. The first video, below, is a short interview piece on him. It is worth watching to the end because he talks about one of my favorite songs of his called "Mollena" and you get to hear a lot of it.






You can listen to his albums on his website http://www.jameshuntermusic.com/ and read more about him. He is on tour right now! I'm hoping to see him in August...

Enjoy!

No comments: