Friday, May 8, 2009

WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE.

I'm feeling the need for a little escape. This week has been a bit wonkadoo and I need a break, I need to decompress.

Thankfully, I will be taking off on Sunday for a daycation with some uber cool cats and next week I am off to Westchester again for a real break at the pool and the lake. I just need to remind myself to

Amen.

But in the midst of anxiety and ickiness, it is always important to, as my little cousin says, "look on the bright side." In lieu of discussing everything that was frustrating about this week, I am going to make myself feel better by writing a brief list of the good things that happened or are on the horizon:

I found a free (!) desk on my street the other day, I got it all fixed up yesterday, and I am loving it. It has made my life much more organized and manageable.

It stopped raining, so I can go running when I'm done with this post.

I am having a sleepover tonight with my super friend Wrenndolyn and we might watch one of my most favorite movies of all time: Harold and Maude.

My dearest darling Josebee, who is living in London, sent me a present in the mail because he is the turboest of turbo friends. I was so excited to receive it.

I got to see Miz Millah yesterday, and even though it was only for a few seconds, it was great to see her face.

I had splendid drinks on my fire escape last night with Swendolynn and Larkita.

I think Swendolynn and Larkita are splendid, too.

In a few hours, I will get to take a walk with D-Mart, one of my old buds. He's also splendid.

My Mumsy is coming into town in less than a week, and I am really looking forward to seeing her.

My bandmate brought his clarinet to practice Wednesday night and sounded like a dream when he played it.

I have had free wireless for weeks now.

My friends were beyond lovely to me when something boo hiss happened last weekend. I seriously have the best friends in the world.

There are so many good things going on all the time. I'm such a whining loser.

HOORAH FOR LIFE. HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY.

No comments: