Wednesday, March 31, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT, ANNOUNCEMENT.

It is with extreme excitement and gratitude that I can finally tell you all that I will be originating the role of "Annalee Ainsley" in the world premiere of Laura Schellhardt's stunning new play Auctioning The Ainsleys this summer at TheatreWorks in California.

I AM BEYOND THRILLED. I AM BEYOND ECSTATIC. I AM BEYOND GRATEFUL.

I was fortunate enough to workshop this show last summer at the New Works Festival at TheatreWorks, which marked the beginning of my love affair with this play, the playwright, and the director. I just feel so incredibly lucky to be able to revisit this role with such a wildly creative team and to be the first person to bring her to life on stage! Plus, I will get to be at home and see my family for 8 weeks. I am over the moon.

You can read more about the show here, in this excerpt from Playbill.com's announcement of the theatre's season:

"Auctioning the Ainsleys by Laura Schellhardt. "The bids come fast and furious as a family of professional auctioneers puts its heart, its heritage, and even its darkest secrets on the block in this fascinating comic drama... With a brilliant flair for mystery, language, and laughter, one of America’s hottest young playwrights explores what happens when what we own becomes more important than who we are." (July 14-Aug. 8 in Palo Alto)."


No comments: