Monday, March 29, 2010

WHOA BABY.

I have no idea why, but last night when I was having pre-bedtime downtime I decided to instantly stream this documentary on Netflix:



For whatever reason, I thought maybe I would watch part of it and then fall asleep...

NO SUCH LUCK.

HOLY LORD THERE WAS A LOT OF BIRTH AND INFORMATION GOIN' ON IN THAT THERE DOCUMENTARY.

WOWZA.

The film explores childbirth in the United States and brings to light many issues with the way our health care system currently deals with the birthing process. It was thought provoking, to say the least, and I actually think they did quite an excellent job providing information from both sides of the argument. They explore home births, midwifery, doulas, c-sections, and pretty much everything across the birthing board.

And, they show a lot of births. I had forgotten how much stuff goes on when a woman has to push a human being out of her ladybits. It is a BIG DEAL and, I repeat, there is a LOT GOING ON.

I recommend watching this, but I recommend doing so when you are going to have time to stay awake and process what you've just watched as opposed to having to sit in your bed with the lights off and ponder all the information you just downloaded about babies and life and nature and pain and babies and pushing things out of you and pain...by yourself.






1 comment:

The Other Blog(ger) said...

I love that you thought you could just fall asleep after watching this. The movie poster alone is going to keep me up all night. Look at that kid's eye! That's some creepy ish.