Sunday, March 14, 2010

RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY.

It has been really rainy here, so I figured it would be appropriate to throw up (theme of the week) my most favorite song about, well, the rain.


I have been sickity funkity sickity in the city this past week and have not felt good one little bit. I thought I was on the mend, but that thought was quite a bit premature. I somehow managed to lose about 5 of the old LBs in 6 days as a result of my non-existent appetite and I even had to stay over at my sister's apartment last night because I couldn't make it home. She took excellent care of me, let me watch numerous episodes of our favorite show, and I am attributing my entire recovery to her.

This week has been a good lesson straight from the book of SLOW THE FLAPJACK DOWN, KIDDO. I sometimes forget to do that and this malaise (as Sanchez calls it) has been a good reminder that every once and awhile you just need to put on the brakes and mellow out. I haven't been to the gym in 7 days, which for me is like an eternity, and today when I picked up my laundry and brought it home I thought I was going to pass out.

I am looking forward to not feeling like a weakling, but I am also looking forward to being more mindful about how much I put on my plate.

Here's to a week that has a forecast of sunny skies and no barfing.

No comments: