Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CHECKING THINGS OFF THE LIST.

My darlings!

I am so sorry that I have been so absent on le blog, and this post isn't going to be extremely long, but I will say that I am happy to announce that during the first week of being back I have managed to cross a few key things off my list.

Because my Mom is the best, she already had a frog from Copenhagen Bakery waiting for me. Because my Aunt rules, she sent me sweet and sour shrimp from Eric's, and then bought me a burrito from Taqueria Cancun the next day.

HOLY SCORE!

And, the best part of it all? My Mom taped the episode of Kathy Griffin's show where Liza Minnelli makes a guest appearance.

THAT IS LOVE. THAT IS THE BEST WELCOME HOME PRESENT EVER.

I have been rehearsing a lot, laughing a ton, and having a total and complete blast. I've also been eating buckets of delicious fresh fruit (blueberries!!!!!!), enjoying the sunshine, and the amount of space that exists in California. I love walking down the street and not bumping into people. I forgot how nice that is...

Tomorrow marks the beginning of week 2 of rehearsals and we are already going to start staging the show. We've spent the past week doing table work (talking about the text, asking questions, figuring out what we think it all means) and now it is already time to start blocking. The only semi-sad thing about the show, which is impacting my list, is that I have to grow out my hair a bit for the character, so I will not be making my pilgrimage to diPietro anytime soon. This is going to be interesting because we all know I would get my hair cut every day if I could.

Ok, I am off to bed but will be writing more soon!

XOXO.

No comments: