Friday, June 11, 2010

GOLDEN STATE OF MIND.

It is almost time for me to return to the Golden State and I am getting all sorts of giddy about it. My brain is going in a bajillion different directions trying to make sure I get everything done before I have to leave, but I can't stop thinking about all of the places I am dying to go once I am back home. I keep getting this antsy, aching feeling in my bones like I just want to bust out of my skin and get on the airplane tomorrow.

I am just a liiiiiiiitle bit 'scited.

Places I will be hitting up upon arrival:

diPietro Todd for a haircut with my favorite guy, Peter.
There are few things I love more than a really bangin' haircut, and Peter never disappoints - like, I have been going to Peter for basically my whole life. Also, I have decided after an experience one holiday season where I was a little (understatement) hung-to-the-over, that the best remedy for feeling exhausted and bad about yourself is a trip to diPietro where they shampoo your hair and massage your head into oblivion. I swear to Liza you can walk in feeling like you are about to die and, after a cup of coffee, a shampoo, and a noggin rub, you will walk out feeling like June after she busted out all over.

Or something.

It is magical.

I will also be hitting up a few of my other favorite spots, most of which are in my old neighborhood:




(Basically, anywhere that has guacamole.)




But, the best place of all is my mother's kitchen, because that is where the yummiest food really is. Get ready, Mom. I'm dying for some of your homemade salad dressing.



No comments: