Monday, September 8, 2008

CRY BABY.

I went running on Saturday morning along the water and all of the sudden, what was right next to me but the Statue of Liberty. During all of my visits to New York I never managed to see it. And, within hours of living here, BAM. It was gorgeous and, I must admit, I got a little teary. There is something magnificent about it and I totally had a women together moment.

Speaking of teary, saw the Lion King last night with my sister and cousin and the opening number of that show is a weep fest. For real serious.


The Circle of Life, baby. It moves us all.

That business is MOVING and EMOTIONAL. The rest of the show is aight aight, but that opening number is something splendid. The costumes, puppets, sounds of the voices just rock you. I had warned my sister that I would probably cry, she made fun of me, and who did I have to pass the kleenex to as soon as the elephants started coming down the aisle?


Next I have go to see Daniel Radcliffe in Equus because he gets naked. My sister and I will be getting tickets. There are too many funny jokes to make about this one and I believe the one that took the cake last night was, as I called it, Daniel's "hogwand." Came up with that one pre-Lion K performance. Please pass along any good ones you may have for Harry's Sword of Gryffindor/his chamber of secrets/his phoenix feather.


Off to Dartmouth today to drop off my cousin at college for the first time. I remember when he was just a wee babe...Now he is going off to school. Sigh.


No comments: