Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I WILL DATE ALL OF THEM.


Last Tuesday I had the distinct pleasure of going to see one of my favorite bands play at Union Pool in Brooklyn. Noah and the Whale rocked the little, wonderful house on the day their album was released in the U.S. The venue was perfect, the stage was classic and small, and they had 2 horn players with them. It was one of the best, most non-pretentious concerts I'd been to in quite some time. And the fiddle player couldn't stop smiling the entire time because he was so happy. They were all so appreciative of the audience and these guys are t-a-l-e-n-t-e-d.


And a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.


We even got to chat with them afterwards.


Tres cool.

AND! I actually enjoyed the opening act. Usually they really bother me (like the idiots who opened for Feist), but this girl was very sweet and had a wonderful voice. Her tunes were surprisingly catchy...but her make-up was a little scary and she looked like she needed to eat a hamburger but whatever. Lindi Ortega. She sang some song about dying of a broken heart and I liked it...You can hear it on her myspace.

No comments: